The Real Phil Shawe
Phil Shawe co-founded TransPerfect in 1992 in his college dorm room. Today, TransPerfect is a global family of companies and the world’s largest privately held provider of language and business services. Shawe oversees the day-to-day operations of the company, headquartered in New York City.
Under his leadership, TransPerfect has received significant awards and distinctions; it is a three-time honoree of the Inc. 5000 Award, a six-time honoree of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and has earned multiple Stevie Awards for Sales and Customer Service.
Crain’s New York Business has ranked TransPerfect as one of the largest privately held companies, as well as one of the largest women-owned companies, six years in a row. TransPerfect was also three times named one of the fastest-growing women-owned/led businesses in North America by Entrepreneur and the Women Presidents’ Organization.
With Shawe, the company has grown, and his employees believe that Shawe is a solid leader, singularly responsible for the company’s continued growth. Hundreds of his employees have sent affirmations to the court in Delaware about his leadership and personal care for the people and the firm.
Among the accolades, people have said that:
- “He [Shawe] has been the main visionary behind technological implementations that have increased the efficiency of the accounting department.”
- “Mr. Shawe has always taken a very personal interest in my professional growth and advancement… that he truly cares about all of the people who work for his company…”
- “Mr. Shawe has consistently been the person who has set the oath for the company. He has always been available to help our team in Barcelona…”
- “Mr, Shawe has always put the best interest of the company and its employees ahead of his own…”
- Mr. Shawe’s leadership is the primary reason TransPerfect’s employees aim to achieve excellence.”
- “Mr. Shawe is an instant mentor to anyone fortunate enough to be around him.”
To call attention to just a few.
You can see the entire document of accolades and affirmations for Shawe and his value to the company right here.
In 2008, Phil Shawe was named to Crain’s New York Business “40 Under 40 list.” He has spoken at New York University and Columbia University, and is a member of the Association for a Better New York (ABNY). Prior to his career in the language services industry, Shawe was a Financial Analyst at Chemical Bank and a Global Custody Consultant at Merrill Lynch.
He earned an MBA in Finance and International Business from New York University’s Stern School of Business, and he received his BS from the University of Florida where he triple majored in Finance, Marketing, and Risk Management.